HOW TO CHANGE THE DNS SERVER USING GOOGLE PUBLIC DNSGoogle public DNS is a safer and efficient way of surfing net. In day today life when we want to visit a web site we type the IP address and then press enter. So after that the web browser directs it to the DNS server. Then the DNS server supports the IP address and link to the web browser with the URL entered. Those things happen in an instance very fast. The reason why we should change is due to the defectives in the servers we are supplied with. Most of the times we are log in to internet with private servers of the ISP. We clearly know the general facts when we link to the internet with those private DNS servers. On the other hand our identity and the security of the data are not safe. So we have to change in to public DNS servers or open DNS servers. They are more efficient and safer.
Though there are many services supplying this open DNS server facility. But the most popular are OpenDNS.com and Google public DNS from Google. Goggle being the most popular today I’m going to tell how to use Google Public DNS.
HOW TO ACTIVATE GOOGLE PUBLIC DNS SERVICE
- Open control panel
- Select Network Connection
- Select your internet connection use and right click on it.
- Select TCP/IP service and click in Properties tab.
- Then make the changes as shown below.
- It’s better if you can restart the PC.
ACTIVATE GOOGLE PUBLIC DNS SERVICE IN A WINDOWS 7 PC
- Go to control panel
- Select Network and Internet
- Select Network and Sharing Center
- Select change adapter settings
- Select the internet connection use and right click on it.
- Select TCP/IPv4 and click on Properties
- Make changes in the coming window as bellow
- Now everything is ok and then reboots the computer.