OTIXO FREE CLOUD COMPUTING SERVICE, NEW WEB APP SERVICE FOR YOUR PC
Otixo is a service that connect all your cloud services into one place .Sometimes you may have tried for online storage usually we called as “Cloud Computing”. You may have tried it on Google Drive, Sky Drive from Microsoft and Drop box. Those are all for online data backup services. But you can’t have those cloud services on your “My Computer”. Instead of that we get it as a particular folder. For an instance we have Google Drive folder on our desktop but not under my computer as a hard disk partition.
Otixo is a service that let us to create a disk partition (a virtual partition) under my computer. So we needn’t to go to the desktop to search for Google Drive folder or connect to internet to have Sky Drive. Simply saying otixo is a service that connects all the cloud storage services into one place.so we can share the data among those services and the secure of the data stored is high.
You can have otixo for free up to 2 GB capacity. If you intend to go beyond the limit you have to pay for the service. Its $10 per month. Otixo is a web app and therefore there is nothing to be downloaded.
HOW TO CREATE AN OTIXO ACCOUNT AND USE Cloud Stroage as your HARD DISK
Let’s look at steps how to create a Otixo disk partition
- Go to otixo.com site.
- Create a new account in otixo. It’s really an easy task to create an account there. What you all need is to give your email, password.
- After creating the account a confirmation link is sent to the email address you gave and then toy have to confirm it and continue.
- After login to your account you have to choose your cloud service (Google drive, Picasa, SkyDrive….)
- Then right-click on my computer and select “Map Network Drive” from the tool bar.
- Choose any letter you wish to have as driver letter (you can’t select an existing letter).
- Under “Folder” type http://app.otixo.com/webdav
- Tick Reconnect at logon option.
- Click Finish.
Then you will see a partition called “app.otixo.com”.
If you are copying or uploading files a progress bar shows you the progress of your task.
OTIXO MOBILE VERSION
Things coming with Otixo seem to be bit slowly, when we open a folder it comes with displaying empty. But after a few seconds it shows the content. On the other hand you can search for .jpg files as well through the content.
You can use this option as a normal hard disk, but you need to have internet connection.so this is an alternative for Cloud computing without any software. Just like the function we do in a folder we can work within this virtual hard disk.
One last thing to add is Otixo doesn’t support all cloud services available. For an example CrashPlan service. So you have to share the content in that service into another service and then starting sync. You can have Otixo for mobile backup services also especially for photos. If Otixo team develops this service more it will be so handy for cloud computing.